Sam and I were talking last night about a recent Twitter thread about peoples favourite restaurants in each WDW park, in this post I will do the same but with a little twist.
As well as telling you my favourite food location in each of the parks, resort and Disney Springs (I say location because some will be counter service and some will be table service), I will also talk about a ‘wish location’ that I have not dined at that is on my to do list. Even after all my time spend within WDW I would have eaten at every location possible. Well I simply haven’t.
Eating within Walt Disney World is one of the main reasons I love being there so much. There are so many different types of styles of food to choose from that you will never be stuck with where to eat. Sweet, savoury, big or small portion, if you want table service breakfast, lunch and dinner or if you want to snack allllll day long. It is extremely possible whilst on a trip to WDW.
- My favourite location – This was TOUGH, because I really want to say Be Our Guest, when one of the main reasons I love to be inside the restaurant is because of the theming and not the food. The food and service on our previous trip was no way near what I expected of Disney. (Check out my latest Be Our Guest review here). So for this, I would have to say Columbia Harbour House, this quick service location offers seafood choices and a quiet place to dine, if you head upstairs where not many people know about. I have eaten here about 4 times and enjoyed each experience.
- My wish location – This is kind of a ‘meh’ for me, because I have eaten at all the places I want to in Magic Kingdom. However I would like the try the new breakfast menu at The Plaza Restaurant. This is only a few months old, but every review I have read has been positive and who doesn’t want to eat lobster Benedict. I sure do.
- My favourite location – Does eating around the world at EPCOT’s Food and Wine Festival count because I would pick that. It doesn’t count? So I would pick Tokyo Dining, after our most recent trip, we ate here for the first time and it was by far my best WDW dining experience ever. The food, the service and the view of the Lagoon from the windows were amazing.
- My wish location – Although there are many counties and cultures represented in EPCOT’s World Showcase and I have dined at a fair few, I am going to say Teppen Edo, the sister restaurant to Tokyo Dining, to see if it shares the same qualities and experiences.
- My favourite location – Woody’s Lunch Box for breakfast, obviously. Who doesn’t want a smores sandwich for breakfast! It is an absolute winner and great dining location addition to the park.
- My wish location – Hollywood Brown Derby for dinner, we have had lunch at this location and it was great, great food and expierence.
- My favourite location – Satu’li Canteen, the greatest counter service location, in any park, across property. FACT. At this counter service the prices are extremely reasonable, the portion sizes are huge. The create your own bowl option is fantastic. The blueberry dessert is always something Sam and I get and share.
- My wish location – Flame Tree Barbecue, we walk past this quick service location so many times in a day when we visit Animal Kingdom. We just never seem to eat there. They sell macaroni cheese, pulled pork macaroni cheese, shrimp macaroni cheese….. you name the macaroni and cheese, they do it and I need it.
- My favourite location – Sprinkles, I don’t care that is not a ‘proper’ food location, this is where I want to go for food when I visit Disney Springs. I want a cupcake.
- My wish location – Morimoto Asia, having eaten at the street food location of this restaurant and really enjoying it I can only imagine how great the main restaurant is.
- My favourite location – Grand Floridian Cafe, a perfect location for a romantic meal that won’t break the bank. The food and atmosphere here were both incredible. The service was great and at no point did I feel rushed I would recommend dinner over breakfast and lunch if you are after a more intimate meal.
- My wish location – Easy, brunch at California Grill located in The Contemporary but at a set price of $89 per person and only offered once a week on a Sunday the chances to get reservations is really tough and not something I have been able to ‘bag’.
What are your thoughts? What are your favourite locations to dine at? What are your wish dining locations? Let me know your thoughts in the comments.